Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Disconnected

Something very strange is going on today! First my ipod has inexplicably died overnight (inexplicably other than falling onto the tracks at Munich railway station 6 months back). Died as in the hard drive refuses to move. This was always going to be the portent to a slightly odd day and we're only half way through.

My local mail account then packed up, suddenly it says it's too full though I had deleted a large file several days ago, purged it and hadn't received anything unwieldy since.

30 seconds later my hotmail account told me that I had sent the maximum number of messages in a 24 hour period. I've sent less than 10, as far as I'm aware, and I find it hard to believe that this is stretching my bandwidth.

30 seconds after this my gmail account opens but refuses to let me compose a mail. I am now disconnected from the outside world apart from this blog!!! Is the Nanny just having a particularly spiteful day?

Not sure where this is leading to but it's all pretty tiresome.

2 comments:

René Meyer said...

Could it be that your mail accounts were used to send spam? That would explain something.

René

Jonathan Shock said...

The local mail account and gmail are still a mystery, but looking in my hotmail sent box I found that 230 identical e-mails had been sent to the same unfortunate recipient. This is indeed over the daily quota, so a glitch had put me in the wrong.

All the best and thank you for the link to the video lecture post ;-)

J