Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Disconnected

Something very strange is going on today! First my ipod has inexplicably died overnight (inexplicably other than falling onto the tracks at Munich railway station 6 months back). Died as in the hard drive refuses to move. This was always going to be the portent to a slightly odd day and we're only half way through.

My local mail account then packed up, suddenly it says it's too full though I had deleted a large file several days ago, purged it and hadn't received anything unwieldy since.

30 seconds later my hotmail account told me that I had sent the maximum number of messages in a 24 hour period. I've sent less than 10, as far as I'm aware, and I find it hard to believe that this is stretching my bandwidth.

30 seconds after this my gmail account opens but refuses to let me compose a mail. I am now disconnected from the outside world apart from this blog!!! Is the Nanny just having a particularly spiteful day?

Not sure where this is leading to but it's all pretty tiresome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could it be that your mail accounts were used to send spam? That would explain something.

René

Unknown said...

The local mail account and gmail are still a mystery, but looking in my hotmail sent box I found that 230 identical e-mails had been sent to the same unfortunate recipient. This is indeed over the daily quota, so a glitch had put me in the wrong.

All the best and thank you for the link to the video lecture post ;-)

J