Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A quick update from Gijon

Just a quick update to mark the silence. I'm currently at a three day conference in Gijon, in Asturias where I'll be giving a talk tomorrow. The crowd of around 30 people here, mostly working in gravitational aspects of strings and branes, make up a pretty hardcore crowd of theorists from my perspective, but there are some interesting talks, in between the indix juggling and and miscellaneous mathematical acrobatics.

This is my first time in Asturias (around a five hour drive North East of Santiago), and we managed to sample the local delicacies of cabrales (a strong goat's cheese) and cider, oxygenated by pouring from a great height, or spraying out of some complex piece of cideroxygenating machinery (as seen on this page).


I have a bunch of other projects to be getting on with for now, and have had to retreat from the last lecture today to finish some things before dinner.

Anyway, had better get on, but in case you were wondering, this is where I'm at.

No comments: