Saturday, August 05, 2006

Photo blog roundup

As promised, or possibly threatened...

While spending time in Leicestershire with my godparents I got a few snaps of the local flora and fauna. Having not played around much with close-ups on the camera (not an SLR) I was impressed with some of the detail


An unsuspecting wasp had been caught out by the carnivorous sarracenia.






On the trip to London a fine Saturday afternoon was spent messing about on Wimbledon common.




The kitchen view in T+A's flat isn't the most scenic but it does have a certain northern industrial charm about it, especially when taking in black and white.

The next day in Wimbledon there was a Hindu festival in progress. Though I asked a few friendly people, everyone was pretty vague about the meaning of it all. They simply said that it was a festival which was held once a year and the meaning didn't seem terribly important. If anyone has more info (it was around the last weekend of July) please do tell.






Back in Oxford I spent a day walking around being a tourist in my own town.

Christchurch college was swimming with tourists as usual but is still a great place to go for a stroll.

The Ashmolean, the oldest museum in the world with currently one my least favourite pieces of sculpture (the brown metal mess at the front) destroying the view. I was pleased to find out that this is soon going to be disappearing for good, much to the delight of most of the staff.

A large family reunion including an impromptu circus skills workshop


OK, that'll do for now, if I can get the photos from the flight uploaded I'll do so soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics Biscuit. Glad to hear the talk went well too. How is the other item on the agenda?

Unknown said...

Hi h.p. Thanks, some photoworthy subjects I thought. I always find it really difficult to know how the talk looks from the other side of the stage. The fact that I neither completely forgot what I was talking about, nor did I get thrown by any questions makes it a reasonable success I think. There are currently many items on the agenda but the one that's affecting me most currently is still not sorted due to lack of being in the right city.

Anonymous said...

I must break my silence. I've never added a comment to this fine blog but doesn't Adam look like such a bender in that stone throwing picture. I hope he was putting it on, otherwise he is a bender.

Unknown said...

Greetings superior stone thrower, welcome to the blog. Eloquently put indeed. Yes, I thought Adam's technique as illustrated well in this picture left a little to be desired.

Looking forward to more comments coming from you.

All the best,

J

Anonymous said...

Prepare for war Danielson

Unknown said...

Let it be a clean and fair fight, not like some distant night on the Woodstock Rd.