Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Tuesday evening having just come back from my sister Joanna's where I've been editing my thesis. Only ten days to go until I have to hand it in. Starting to panic a bit.
This is obviously my first blog, so more of a test than an attempt to write anything profound.

I'm heading off to China at the beginning of November but before then I have the small task of completing my PhD. I'm going to be working for two years at a university in Beijing as a postdoctoral researcher. By a strange series of winding paths I have ended up as a string theorist, specifically I'm working on something called the AdS/CFT correspondence. I will explain what it is some time soon but not right now. Right now I'm spending enough time already writing about the damn thing. Almost done though, almost done.

No comments: