Thursday, February 17, 2011

The quickest of photo updates

I'm just coming to the end of my days in Valencia, which have been excellent. The conference has been a lot of fun, seeing some good talks and spending lots of time with friends and collaborators and today I went for a bit of an explore of the city before going and hiding myself away to start writing a new paper. I'll put up some photos when I get back to Munich. In the mean time I promised last time a photo of my new apartment, furnished over the last couple of weeks with second hand furniture from across the city. The desk you see here I had to carry on my own through an evening rain back to my place and then up four flights of stairs. I was utterly exhausted in the end, but I think that the place is looking pretty good now. I've got a large Chinese calligraphy to put up, and a lot of photos, but apart from that it's almost there.

Edit: I notice looking at it again that the distortion with the 10mm lens makes the desk and table look tiny. The table is big enough to seat perhaps 6 people pretty comfortably and the desk is about 1.5 m for scale.

No comments: