Thursday, June 17, 2010

Off to Dubrovnik

Just waiting for the taxi at 5.30 in the morning after little sleep to head from Hartford to Stanford airport on my way to Croatia and minute now. Bags packed full of papers and books, and possibly a little suncream, and thoroughly looking forward to getting to know a new city before diving into the Black Holes school. During this time I have plenty to do to prepare for a trip to South America next month where I have a half dozen talks already lined up around Argentina and Chile plus a couple more colloquia on Atmospheric Optics to present. This all happens with only a week in between in Santiago (de Compostela) and an immense amount to organise in between, plus the KITPC program I'm arranging looming up quickly. It's these early mornings which give me a few moments to reflect and breath, but for now the taxi is pulling in and I gotta dash...

2 comments:

FortOe said...

You are really world-wide-busy...
South Africa,Croatia,South America,China... Someday Korea will invite you, I believe.
I wish you have a wonderful time in Croatia. BTW my good friend and current collaborator, Ho-Ung Yee is also attending the school. I guess you already know him though :-)
--- Keun-young

Unknown said...

Hi there Keun-Young, I'll send on your greetings for sure. I've already spoken with Hon-ung Yee...smart guy!

I would love to be able to come out to Korea again some time, it was great to be able to come there last time and discuss with a lot of impressive people.